The Electrical Engineer will manage their own engineering projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure the projects are delivered on time and to budget.
The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the detailed design and coordination of electrical solutions including Low Voltage Distribution, Small Power, Communications, Lighting, Fire Alarm Systems, Intruder Alarms, Access Control and Lighting Protection.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
- Communicate with clients, advising on suitable technical solutions to client’s requirements, fees and timescales etc.
- Work alongside Senior Engineers to produce cost plans and pre-tender estimates and cost comparisons for systems/plant.
- Undertake site visits i.e. surveys and prepare reports.
- Liaise with Architects, Structural Engineers, and Contractors etc.
- Monitor design progress in accordance with the programme/deadline.
- Encourage lower levelled engineers to continuously develop their knowledge, arrange and attend CPD sessions.
- Share your knowledge and technical ability and advise accordingly to help progress the less experienced team members.
- Produce design sketches.
- Develop the design through all stages of the project – from planning to completion.
- Coordinate architecturally, structurally and mechanically.
- Produce specifications, schematics, calculations and drawings etc.
- Liaise with suppliers, manufactures and specialists to provide expert knowledge and costs.
- Manage the whole design process, prepare stage reports /outline design, maintain comprehensive design files, produce written specifications & scheme design drawings for CAD.
- Have knowledge of and be up to date with the latest regulations, i.e. British Standards.
- Understand RIBA stages.
- Understand efficiency/sustainability.
- Have knowledge and an understanding of BREEAM.
- IT literate – ability to use technical packages i.e. CAD, Dialux/Relux, Amtech and 3D Naviswork.
- Relevant Qualifications i.e. ONC/HNC/Degree in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Previous experience within a consultancy environment.
- Ability to manage and track numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanour and think clearly in a difficult, stressful or troubling situation.
- Excellent communication skills, dealing with other employees and external clients.
- Ability to understand/produce detailed technical drawings.
- Possess excellent attention to detail, has a confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
- Confident approach, proactive character and the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.