Principal Electrical Engineer - Oxfordshire
This is a very unique position!
There is a big development prospect within this role to work on large internationally recognised projects and the opportunity to gain equity within the company if seen to be successful.
As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, our client now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join their talented Building Services Engineering Team based in Oxford.
Principal Electrical Engineer duties include:
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed electrical building services design
- Undertaking detailed electrical building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp.
- Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases
- Undertake surveys on electrical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Working to deliver engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (REVIT) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 6-7 years experience within the building services consultancy/ design market.
- Experience working in a client facing role
- Passion for sustainability and aesthetically pleasing design
- Proficient in the use of AMTECH and DIALUX
- Experience working on projects in 3D
If this opportunity is for you, please contact - Tommy Hill - email@example.com - 01206 913292 / 07772902225