Our client has a very successful reputation within the Building Services industry. They are committed to developing their employees with one of the best training and dvelopment programmes a consultancy has to offer.
Purpose of Job:
They are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their busy building services design team based in their Cardiff office. Applicants will already be working at a senior engineer level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree qualified and have attained or be working towards Chartered engineer status. Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant skills and experience within a similar role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc
- Act as Lead Mechanical Engineer including checking of other Engineers’ work and take an active role in the development of Junior Engineers
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office.
- Undertake constructive peer reviews of other design projects
- Have an understanding of electrical engineering systems and the ability to report of both disciplines during meetings
Training Programme requirements:
- Commit to goals and objectives of a career development programme including attendance of in-house and external technical and non-technical training
- Commit to achieving or maintaining Chartered Engineer status through relevant professional institution
- Support the development of team members and undertake the mentoring of members of the engineering team
- Familiarise and learn about sustainable low energy initiatives and to share this with other members of your team and wider within the Partnership