Our client has a great opportunity for a Sustainability professional looking for a challenging role that is also rewarding.
The key responsibilities are BREEAM Sustainability Assessments and Part L SAP assessments for new buildings and refurbishments.
- Qualified SAP assessor (preferably using Elmhurst software)
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor / knowledge of:
under any of the following:
- BREEAM 2014 New Construction/Commercial - Includes Office, Retail and Industrial
- BREEAM Assessor Other Buildings – Includes Multi-Resi, hotels, care homes, bespoke buildings etc.
- BREEAM Assessor Non-Domestic Refurbishment and Fit-out - Includes Office, Retail and Industrial, other buildings, etc.
- CSH and HQM Assessor – New residential dwellings only
- BREEAM Domestic Refurb – Refurbishment and conversion of existing residential dwellings (i.e. Office to Resi)
Complete SAP calculations for new build development, refurbishments, and part new build/part refurb projects.
Qualified to lodge domestic EPCs at Draft, Design and As built stages.
Carry out sensitivity analyses to summarise options for design development.
Familiar with thermal bridging calculations
Knowledge of Building Regulations Part L1A and 1B
Undertake Pre-assessment, Design Stage & Post Construction stage assessments through to certification.
Assist the production of Sustainability Statements and Energy Strategy reports for Planning.
- Exploring multiple options and summarise the benefits and shortfalls of each
- Working as part of multidisciplinary team and attending meetings as necessary
- Attending both internal and external presentations, presenting where appropriate
- Supporting the design and construction teams in reviewing the required BREEAM evidence
- Help to produce reports to design team and BRE
- Engage effectively with the BRE quality assurance procedures
- Delivering excellent project work within agreed deadlines and to the appropriate level of detail
- Keeping others informed of progress on projects and any concerns
- Provide assistance for delivering BREEAM Assessments from pre-assessment to final certification
- Undertake Life Cycle Analysis and Life Cycle Costing in the future
- Assist in the production of Sustainability Assessments to meet local and national Planning requirements and the GLA.
- Attend sustainability review meetings within the design team
- Ideally you will be a Graduate member to a relevant professional institute
- Awareness of broader sustainability issues
- Awareness of tasks on projects from conception to handover
- Ability to prioritise own workload and manage various projects at different stages.
- Willingness to learn a variety of different sustainability assessment methods e.g. BREEAM, LEED, WELL, etc, and/or modelling software
- Liaise with the design team to facilitate the process of sustainability measures.
- Assist Head of Sustainability with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all your projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety.
Experience & Qualifications
- BREEAM Qualifications / knowledge (as above)
- SAP qualified (Elmhurst preferred)
- Experience of working on BREEAM and CSH assessments through to certification.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience – technically competent.
- Good communication/presentation skills
- Understand client requirements/objectives
- Good knowledge of the sustainability related statutory legislation, standards, and drivers in the construction industry.
To Apply or find out more about this opportunity please contact - Tommy Hill - firstname.lastname@example.org / 01206 913292 / 07772902225