Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£27,000 - £29,000
Ashbys Consulting are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on a large mixed-use residential scheme in Oxfordshire. You will be assisting the Development Surveyor in successfully delivering their project. You will be an integral part of the site-based Commercial function and assist in the preparation of subcontractor procurement, contract administration, payments and account management.
Skills / Experience:
- Good organisational skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks to a high degree of quality and accuracy
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers
- Driving licence essential
- Assist in the preparation of tender enquiry lists and packages, including scopes of works
- Assist in the procurement of subcontract packages to specification and budget, ensuring all bids are fully compliant and on a ‘like-for-like’ basis
- Follow Group procurement procedures
- Work with the Technical Department to value engineer the development where possible and reduce build cost
- Work with the Production Department during procurement and throughout the build process to ensure smooth construction and swift conflict resolution
- Work with the Sales Department to provide costs for additional works as requested by purchasers with due reference to the state of construction of the plot
- To assist in the review, management and minimisation of dayworks, variations and other non-productive costs
- Assisting with the settlement of final accounts for each trade
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with subcontractors through regular liaison, teamwork and information sharing
- Forecast and mitigate cost risk
- Generate accurate payments in a timely manner in accordance with authorisation levels and commercial procedures
- Assist in the reporting of cost movements and budgets as required
- Comply with and promote Group procedures and Vision statements surrounding sustainability, ethics, etc.
- Monitor and feedback on subcontractor performance
- Preparing reports and correspondence as required
- Ensuring delegated tasks are completed on time and to the required standard and accuracy
- Additional tasks as reasonably required from time to time
An industry related degree would be essential in this role.
Please get in touch on 0203 019 3599 / Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk to hear more about this position.