Our client is seeking a BREEAM assessor / sustainability consultant to complement their team at the head office in Nottingham. They are a multi-disciplinary building services consultancy focused mainly within the UK industrial sector but broadening into residential, commercial and leisure. Their consultants continue to be involved with some of the largest & most successful industrial buildings in the UK including several of which have achieved Excellent and Outstanding BREEAM ratings.
With a strong portfolio and intend to develop the sustainability aspects of the department over the coming years. The new role would best suit an experienced assessor with at least 2 years’ experience as it is intended that the successful applicant will be able to pick up and develop several projects with a limited amount of assistance.
More about the role:
Your role and responsibilities would be to:
- Undertake the BREEAM project management for a variety of buildings and masterplans
- Investigate multiple solutions to challenges summarising the benefits and shortfalls of each
- Work as part of multidisciplinary team. Attending, organising and chairing meetings with architects and the wider design team
- Attend both internal and external presentations, presenting if appropriate
- Support design competitions and bids
- Produce reports and presentations with excellent visual and grammatical quality
- Understand & work to current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practice
- Communicate progress on projects and any concerns to line manager
- Work within the agreed budget on tasks as set by the lead consultant
- Assist graduates and new starters
- Qualified BREEAM Assessor (New Construction and/or RFO) – 2014 or 2018 accredited
- Ideally you will be a Graduate member to a relevant professional institute
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- Awareness of broad sustainability issues (e.g. passive design, health & wellbeing, post occupancy
- evaluation, low impact materials, water, waste, environmental economics etc.)
- Awareness of tasks on projects during all stages from conception to handover
- Ask questions to increase awareness of role and for the responsibilities of lead consultants
- Willingness to learn about risk management, financial management and commercial awareness
- Proactive - not to sit on issues that need escalating to line manager and job leader
Apply below or call Rhys on 07927795526 to discuss this role in more detail.