£90-95k + Package
Ashbys Consulting are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a large contractor based in Brighton, to work on a number of residential projects. Our client are looing to add value to thier commercial team to assist them with an increase in work load in East Sussex.
- Provide knowledge on all aspects of commercial quantity surveying roles and responsibilities
- To provide support for the rest of the commercial team, and lead the surveyors.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for defined scope of work
- Measuring from plan drawings and isometrics to produce fully priced detailed bills of quantities c/w labour hours and material costs
- Tracking costs and labour throughout the project
- Tracking the Project Hours Spent v's Earned schedule
- Carry out full construction take off, prepare construction cost plan, track costs and labour efficiency throughout the project
- Present take off's in a clear and coherent format while also understanding NRM2 requirements and procedures
- Providing timely and accurate CCS submissions each month
- Preparing timing and accuracy of submission of valuation and agreement of certification each month end
- Preparing timely and accurate assessments/payment certs/payless notices for sub-contractors each month (Understand payment conditions within the Construction Act)
- Producing timing and accurate cash flow submissions each month
- To ensure the final account is agreed within specific project timeline
- Ensuring the Company will not be exposed to launch 3rd party claims
- Prepare subcontract packages for procurement, agree contracts and manage through to final account
- BSc Hons, Diploma or equivalent in Quantity Surveying would be ideal but not essential
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Construction sector with commercial expertise
- Ideally have TIER 1 experience
- Evidence of leading projects in a client facing role
- Preferred experience will include both pre contract work e.g. feasibility, cost plans, cost estimating, tender documentation etc. through to post contract work to include contract administration, variations, valuations etc
To apply for this role, please email me Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk or call me on 07545829296.