Ashbys Consulting are working with a growing consultancy practice and due to increasing business we are looking for an experienced surveyor/EA to join the expanding team of Employer’s Agents. They can offer you the opportunity to be involved with an exciting range of new build housing and mixed use regeneration projects, worth up to £20m in value, within London and the surrounding homecounties working with some of our prestigious clients. Coaching and mentoring and in-house training are paramount to keep you updated on current case law and working practices on changes to legislation, all of which have contributed to their enviable record of RICS APC success.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful applicant will be able to hone their skills to effectively perform as an Employer’s Agent managing build projects from inception to completion, including but not limited to:
- Developing a client brief and assembling the project delivery team.
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender.
- Preparation of robust and accurate tender and contract packages.
- Undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU framework and negotiated).
- The ability to analyse and review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer’s Requirements are fulfilled Preparing contract engrossments.
- Acting as Employer’s Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s)
- University degree in either Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Employer’s Agent combined with Quantity/Building surveying background.
- RICS qualified, or working towards APC/RICS qualification.
- Experience in residential development.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients and wider team in a professional manner.
- Able to work within a team.
- Diligent with attention to detail.
- Able to think ahead and problem solve.
- An ability to form and develop client relationships and to seek to develop new business opportunities.
- A desire to coach junior colleagues by working collaboratively for the successful delivery of projects.
For more information or a confidential chat please get in touch with Tom Bell firstname.lastname@example.org / 01206 913 292 or Apply above.