Sustainability opportunity - Consultant/Senior Consultant.
Cambridge or Oxford, Competitive Salary + Benefits.
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Sustainability professional to join their Sustainability Group. The role is based in their Oxford or Cambridge office and will be part of their broader Sustainability group which has a presence in every office across the country.
They provide a diverse sustainability consultancy service promoting sustainable development for a range of projects, across all sectors. As a Design for Performance Pioneer Delivery Partner, they adopt an outcomes-based approach to building performance simulation and design.
This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career, but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole.
What you’ll be doing.
- Building performance simulation and energy related workstreams.
- Developing energy strategies with our clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of developments.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the team.
- Assisting with holistic Sustainability Strategies, where necessary.
- Assisting in the completion of BREEAM Assessments, where necessary.
- Working with other members of the Sustainability Group on business related research and development tasks.
- As well as project-related work, the Group engages directly with industry undertaking research and development studies, and authoring industry guidance.
- We hold key positions on national design commissions and influential industry bodies.
- The role also presents the opportunity for involvement in this aspect of the Group’s work to those keen to have a direct influence on the industry.
What they're looking for.
You will be expected to have experience and competence in a selection of the following fields:
- Energy and carbon strategies
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using NHER and IES
- HVAC network modelling
- In-Use energy modelling and assessment
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Façade performance evaluation
- Parametric environmental design assessment
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment
- Knowledge of BREEAM and / or other environmental assessment methodologies, from pre-assessment to post-construction stage assessments.
- Appreciation of broader sustainability issues, such as; sustainability governance and reporting, sustainability strategies, climate change adaptation, behaviour change, etc.
- Experience working within the built environment sector.
- Already working within a sustainability or engineering consultancy, you will be looking for a new challenge within a practice at the very forefront of our field.
- You will bring expertise (with a degree in engineering / science, and experience in the field) and a passion for creating sustainable solutions.
- You will relish being part of dynamic team within a progressive and well-respected firm.
- You will have good communication skills and an enthusiasm for working within a team environment.
- Like them, you will be serious about sustainability.
What they can offer you.
To reward your hard work and commitment they offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Friendly, flexible and dynamic team working environment
- Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
- Opportunities for career progression
If you would like more details about this particular position please contact - Tommy Hill - email@example.com / 01206 913292 / 07772902225