Sustainability Engineer - London - Permanent
Our client is a 200-strong team operating from eight offices across the UK. They are recognised as one of the best at growing their people through training and development and are one of the first companies to be awarded the Investors in People Platinum accreditation across the globe.
Purpose of Job:
They are looking for an ambitious Sustainability Engineer to join their Energy + Environment Solutions team to deliver sustainable and low-energy design projects in their London office.
Candidates must have previous experience within the sustainability sector, in particular have experience and practical knowledge of Building Research Establishment Environmental Methodology (BREEAM) process and be a registered and experienced assessor in:
- BREEAM Refurbishment and Fit out 2014.
- BREEAM New Construction 2018
- Code for Sustainable Homes
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with client stakeholders to develop the Sustainability Strategy including criteria for the delivery of the desired BREEAM/ LEED rating, identifying any sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures and highlighting any opportunities to increase sustainable credentials.
- Provide strategic low energy design advice.
- Be Client facing, proactive and solutions driven.
- Conduct BREEAM Pre-Assessment and provide design advice.
- Produce evidence requirements for BREEAM credits.
- Undertake gap analysis report / schedule should the desired rating not be achievable.
- Publish pre-assessment meeting minutes stating the potential building score achievable and advise on techniques suitable for integration into the overall design.
- Chair interim meetings with design team members to clarify requirements or reassess the design if any changes take place impacting BREEAM rating.
- Monitor the design process to ensure that the scheme design objectives are being followed and the design reflects the client’s requirements.
- Prepare interim and final design assessment report for client review and submission to the BRE.
- Provide a delivery assurance / support process that the construction phase sustainability plan is being followed and to verify the outcomes on behalf of the client.
- Undertake a Post construction review to gather evidence that the design objectives are reflected in the construction phase.
- Support senior members of staff in client and design team relationships.
- Commit to supporting the strategic company sustainability policies and the internal environmental programme objectives.
This list is not exhaustive and we would expect the successful candidate to be willing to undertake additional duties to support the team when necessary.