Are you looking to work for a consultancy that has won several awards for their sustinability and designed projects.
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their already successful team.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist the Associate Director/Director in controlling and developing the activities of the Practice, ensuring that quality, output and service targets are met within the agreed Business and commercial objectives.
Ensure the provision of a comprehensive professional technical service to the client which will achieve programme targets within defined Quality of Service and cost requirements. Staff - Project responsible for a team of engineers / technicians, can include line management responsibility for Engineers and Technicians.
- To assist in marketing activity and develop new and existing clients.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project.
- Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead consultant for the project. Propose and discuss labour resource requirements, monitor time and disbursement spends, and take remedial action as appropriate on allocating the charges to the individual job to ensure that financial objectives are met.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the initial brief and Practice discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead consultant or as member of a design team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- Manage, guide and develop technical subordinates in order that they may fully participate in their various teams.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of new techniques and technologies by participating in conferences, attending Continual Professional Development sessions, reading technical in media etc.
- Financial control, including invoicing of projects under his responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Membership of an appropriate Engineering Institution. Registered by the Engineering Council at least at IEng level or academic qualifications to B. Eng.
- Wide breadth of experience and knowledge in Consultancy field, with detailed design skills in particular specialism.
- A working knowledge of forms of agreement and contract documentation.
- Ability to represent and sell the professional image of NDC using the skills of commercial negotiation.
- A working knowledge of commercial job costing techniques.
- The ability to operate within ISO 9001 & 14001 processes.
If you would like to apply please upload your CV, or contact - Tommy Hill - email@example.com 01206 913292 / 07772902225