Our client has expanded into the Bristol market and are looking to increase their numbers by employing an Electrical Design Engineer.
Working on a varied portfolio from Residential, Commercial and Data Centre projects.
Purpose of Job:
They are looking for an established Electrical Design Engineer to join their busy building services design team based in their Bristol office. Applicants will already be working at a similar level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree or HND qualified and have attained or be working towards their relevant grade of professional membership (IEng/CEng). Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant skills and experience within a similar role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of electrical installations within major building projects
- Design electrical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design electrical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design electrical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Able to work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements on electrical design
- Support senior members of staff in managing client and design team relationships
- Demonstrate a wide knowledge and relevant project experience of electrical systems across a range of sectors
Training Programme requirements:
- Commit to goals and objectives of a career development programme including attendance of in-house and external technical and non-technical training.
- Commit to achieving or maintaining Chartered Engineer status through relevant professional institution.
- Support the development of team members and undertake the mentoring of members of the engineering team.
- Familiarise and learn about sustainable low energy initiatives and to share this with other members of your team and wider within the Partnership.