Intermediate/Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - for projects in London, South East and Manchester.
Due to a significant increase in workload, Our client is looking for talented Mechanical Design Engineers for their Tonbridge office. The workload is varied across both the public and private sector and will include projects in the area of energy reduction.
Whether you have been in the industry for a couple of years or are an experienced Engineer; if you're interested in becoming part of a progressive consultancy with a diverse work stream, then come and talk to us.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideally you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification
- Ideally 2-3 years’ experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp
- Ideally hold a full UK driving license
- You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams
- You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills
Senior Mechanical Engineer duties include:
- Working as part of a design team delivering detailed mechanical building services design
- Undertaking detailed mechanical building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp.
- Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases
- Undertake surveys on mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
- Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Working to deliver engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
Fore more details please contact - Tommy Hill - email@example.com - 01206 913292 - 07772902225