Mechanical Design Engineer
Location - Cardiff
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a busy building services design team based in their Cardiff office.
The ideal candidate will already be working as a Design Engineer from intermediate to senior level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree qualified and have attained or be working towards Chartered engineer status.
Mechanical Design Engineer duties include:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office. Undertake constructive peer reviews of other design projects.
- Have an understanding of electrical engineering systems and the ability to report of both disciplines during meetings.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification
- Ideally 2-5 years’ experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience using design software such as IES, Hevacomp and Revit
- Ideally hold a full UK driving license
- You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams
- You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills
What’s in it for you:
In addition to an excellent salary the client with be offering:
- 23 days annual leave
- Opportunity to join their Private Medical insurance plan, Dental Insurance or Gym Membership.
- Life assurance
- Workplace pension
- Parental leave
- Give As You Earn
- Annual eye test
For more details please contact - Tommy Hill - email@example.com - 01206 913292 / 07772902225