Are you looking to work for a consultancy that has won several awards for their design and sustainable projects.
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their already successful team.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide a comprehensive professional technical service encompassing feasibility studies, designing, specification, project management commissioning and final account to meet all requirements of a client and the aspirations of the practice. Ensure the provision of a comprehensive professional technical service to the client which will achieve programme targets within defined Quality of Service and cost requirements.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements Establish and agree clear responsibility as lead internal consultant for the project.
- Propose labour resource requirements, monitor time and disbursement spends and take remedial action as appropriate on allocating the charges to the individual job to ensure that financial objectives are met.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Manage, guide and develop technical subordinates in order that they may fully participate in their various teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications, IEng with relevant experience, or
- HNC or equivalent with extensive relevant experience
- Design software, hands on experience with, Specification Expert, TAS, Cymap, BIM, Revit and Auto Cad
- Wide breadth of experience and knowledge in Consultancy field, with detailed design skills in particular specialism.
- Appreciation of forms of agreement and contract documentation.
- A knowledge of job costing techniques.
- Understand and operate ISO 9001 & 14001 process
If you feel this is the position for you, please contact - Tommy Hill - email@example.com 01206 913292 / 07772902225