Senior Development Manager
£55,000 - £60,000 Per Annum + Package
Ashbys Consulting are currently working with a leading residential developer to identify a Senior Development Manager. They’re a FTSE 100 company and have been appointed on some of the highest profile residential projects in London. This would be working for their newest division based in Birmingham.
Theis role would include manging all aspects of the overall design development process from acquisition of land to production including financial control, strategic programming, planning, asset management, de-risking, negotiation of legal agreements including managing KPI’s to the business encompassing OHS&E and Sustainability.
- Provide support & assistance to Land in preparation of early feasibility studies & concept design.
- Provide planning appraisals/risk assessments for initial development proposals.
- Manage strategic opportunities to optimise the value of individual projects.
- Ensure planning process is strategically managed with clarity and purpose.
- Ensure that all planning commitments, obligations, agreements & conditions are satisfied & approvals secured at earliest opportunity.
- Manage the integration of affordable housing strategies into emerging developments including the preparation of viability information.
- Provide strategic advice on the provision/optimisation of commercial space and meanwhile uses into development proposals.
- Co-ordinate internal departments – technical, commercial, production, Health & Safety, Sales, Finance to ensure effective & efficient interface between other departments and to ensure that the scheme evolves from concept to a more detailed design that the company wants and can build.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Has a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Well-presented and business-like
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confident and can demonstrate ability to lead
- Good communicator in both verbal and written application
- Ability to work within a team and be flexible
- Must undertake continual professional development.
- Must keep up to date with all current legislations and proposed changes to regulations.
- Lead and maintain relationships with key stakeholders within organisations
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- RICS, RTPI or RIBA qualified.
- 5 years post qualification experience in residential led mixed use development.
- Full and clean driving license
- Excellent verbal, written communication and IT skills required
- Demonstration of experience in both public and private sectors preferably acting for a mixed residential developer
- Planning procedures, development control and building regulations requirements.
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Packages
- Experience in using web based collaboration systems i.e Aconex
To explore this further, please call Cameron on 0203 0193599 or email: Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk