Our client has a very successful reputation within the Building Services industry. They have a very strong contacts within the industry and have won some major projects in recent times.
Due to the success of the business, they are looking to add to their design team to work on some of the most exciting projects out there.
Purpose of Job:
They are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join their busy building services design team based in their Berkshire office. Applicants will already be working at a senior engineer level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree qualified and have attained or be working towards Chartered engineer status. Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant skills and experience within a similar role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to electrical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of electrical installations within major building projects
- Design electrical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design electrical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design electrical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
- Undertake lead engineer duties including checking of other engineers’ work and take an active role in the development of trainees.
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office.
- Undertake constructive peer reviews of other design projects.
- Have an understanding of electrical engineering systems and the ability to report of both disciplines during meetings.
Training Programme requirements:
- Commit to goals and objectives of a career development programme including attendance of in-house and external technical and non-technical training.
- Commit to achieving or maintaining Chartered Engineer status through relevant professional institution.
- Support the development of team members and undertake the mentoring of members of the engineering team.
- Familiarise and learn about sustainable low energy initiatives and to share this with other members of your team and wider within the Partnership.