Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£45K - 55K
As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their significantly experienced and talented Building Services Engineering Team based in Belfast.
Types of projects: Education, Commercial, Retail, Industrial, Leisure and many more. As a senior enineer you will be exposed to a diverse range of interesting sectors and cultures.
Senior Mechanical Engineer duties include:
• Working as part of a design team delivering detailed mechanical building services design
• Undertaking detailed mechanical building services design calculations using a wide range of techniques, including manual hand calculations, Excel spreadsheets and use of industry standard software such as IES and Hevacomp.
• Producing feasibility reports, design specifications and drawings suitable for a wide range of design phases
• Undertake surveys on mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
• Liaising closely with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
• Working to deliver engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
• Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
• Ensuring that the design and maintenance of building systems meets legislative and health and safety requirements
• Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
• Designing site-specific equipment as required
• Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
• Using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) and BIM (Revit) software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Ideally you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification
• Ideally 4-5 years’ experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
• Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution
• Experience using AutoCAD and Revit
• Experience using design software such as IES and Hevacomp
• Ideally hold a full UK driving license
• You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams
• You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational skills
What’s in it for you:
And as you will find out from day one in your career, you will be handsomely rewarded:
• 25 days holiday
• Company car or car allowance available if chartered
• Private Healthcare
• Life Assurance
• Highly competitive salary
If you are interested in this position, please apply below or call Rhys on 07927795526 or 01615 198700
Sign up to Ashbys premier with a password below.
We've sent a confirmation email to your email address.
A representative will be in touch shortly.
We'll email you with the best jobs everyday. We've sent you a confirmation email too, we're nice like that.