Our client is a multi–disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s-built environment. Together they help their clients solve the most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as they strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Fancy an opportunity to help shape a better world? Our Bristol Mechanical Engineering team do just that, through working on a huge variety of revolutionary projects in a wide range of sectors in the UK and internationally.
You will join Building Engineering Bristol, a group of over 50 talented multi-disciplinary Engineers from a diverse range of backgrounds.
About this career opportunity…
Based in Arup’s multi-discipline engineering design team in Bristol, you will be an important part of the Building Services Engineering team leadership; managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other Mechanical Engineers, leading the design of the mechanical building systems including air conditioning, heating, natural and mechanical ventilation and building controls and leading the development of building energy strategies and sustainability strategies for buildings, including communicating these plans with the project team members and authorities.
In addition, you will make an impact in this role by…
• Leading a dynamic, challenging and stimulating environment with a myriad of opportunities to apply your growing knowledge to a range of exciting projects. You will be involved in feasibility, design and site stage activities of major and minor building projects (new and refurbishment).
• Partnering with the Architect and other team members in the development of the building form to align with passive design principles, the goals of the energy and sustainability strategies and the needs of the building services.
• Leading the comfort and thermal analysis of buildings and spaces using modelling software such as IES.
• Leading the spatial and technical coordination of the building services and their integration into the building design.
• Managing the production of drawings, reports and specifications.
• Managing the work of others and coordinating work with Engineers of other disciplines including in-house specialists.
• Collaborating with our clients and other external team members.
• Working across multiple projects with different design teams.
• Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
• Supporting the Project Manager and Project Director in the commercial management of the project.
• Supporting Graduate Engineers with technical expertise and mentor less experienced team members.
• Sharing knowledge through participation at skills networks.
Sign up to Ashbys premier with a password below.
We've sent a confirmation email to your email address.
A representative will be in touch shortly.
We'll email you with the best jobs everyday. We've sent you a confirmation email too, we're nice like that.