£70-75k + Package
Ashbys Consulting are currently recruiting for a Technical Design Manager to join a leading residential developer based in East London. We are looking for someone to help oversee the technical departments growing portfolio of residential projects.
This is an office-based position, looking after projects across the region. The main focus of the role is inspect all aspects of design and manage the design consultants whilst offering support to their site team. The Technical Manager will ensure information is produced, checked and distributed on programme to the correct quality and within budget to enable effective sub-contract procurement and build programme to be met.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To oversee the technical department for developments across London.
- Monitor and control the design development of projects, ensuring they are in accordance with the ER’s specification and the construction programme.
- Review and comment on the design and deal with all obstacles efficiently and appropriately, ensuring compliance with company procedures.
- Oversee the design programme to ensure the design development process is in line with the scheme needs.
- Actively review and critique drawing information during design development and make sure that the design team are working in accordance with their tender control document assumptions. Maximise profit by keeping all cost under control and exploring value engineering options.
- To prepare pre tender budgets for stats and fees, Prepare and monitor Design Programmes across the departments.
- Develop Supply Chain relationships with Consultants.
Relevant Experience (including qualifications):
- Degree qualified with BSc Hons in Engineering/ Construction Management/Architectural/ or a similar industry related degree.
- Experience of working on mixed use schemes incorporating both residential and affordable housing ideally on projects with high values and incorporating multiple build types.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and be able to demonstrate ability to lead a department. • A good team player.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity, please get in touch on 0203 019 3599 or email me: Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk