Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
This Consultancy is a multi–disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists, working across every aspect of today’s-built environment. Together they help their clients solve their most complex challenges – turning exciting ideas into tangible reality as they strive to find a better way and shape a better world.
Would you like to join their building engineering team in Bristol? They work on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally.
About this career opportunity…
Based in Bristol, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Engineer to be a key part of the Building Services Engineering team leadership; managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other Electrical Engineers, take an active role in pushing forward the skills and abilities of the electrical team members, including supervising and training junior Engineers and take an active role in building services design elements for both small and major projects working closely with other team members.
In addition, you will make an impact in this role by…
- Being involved in feasibility, design and site stage activities of major and minor building projects (new and refurbishment).
- Leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity.
- Attending meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs.
- Offering consultancy advice and prepare design reports, specifications and drawings in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Supporting Graduate Engineers with technical expertise and mentor less experienced team members.
- Sharing and expanding knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks.
To achieve in this role, you are likely to...
- Working towards Chartered status through CIBSE, IET or other relevant body and degree qualified.
- Have a demonstrable track record of successful delivery within an electrical services engineering role / environment including:
- high / low voltage power design;
- electronic building services system including fire alarm, security and PA etc;
- lighting / emergency lighting design;
- coordination and spatial planning of electrical services within the building;
- strong track record of leading project teams;
- a clear understanding of, or experience within a consultancy environment;
- excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- adaptable, resilient and able to work in multidisciplinary settings;
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- professional, organised, and highly methodical;
- software skills including Amtech, Dialux and Strike Risk etc;
- knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, BIM and calculation packages etc;
- demonstrate an active CPD record;
- programming and resource management at project level;
- ability to create deliverables from a project brief;
- good knowledge of lighting design, daylighting and energy performance of buildings
- Experienced in using CAD and Revit MEP
- Have the ability to think outside the specialism and integrate multidisciplinary requirements into holistic coordinated solutions.
If you would like to know more about this position please contact - Tommy Hill - 01206 913292 / 07772902225 - email@example.com