Intermediate Electrical Engineer (Building Services)
£35000 + Benefits
Our client is looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer to join their leading multi-disciplinary consultancy, based in Central Manchester You will get the opportunity to work on exciting projects in central Manchester and surrounding areas. It is a very supportive team offering learning and development opportunities for your career progression. They have an extensive portfolio containing some of the largest and most high profile projects in the UK. The strong MEP team are extremely busy with confirmed workloads. You will be working on Residential, Commercial, Education, Retail, Healthcare and Mixed Use and Regeneration.
Duties will include:
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Prepare, ready for tender, specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules and contract documentation.
- Issue in conjunction with the client, contract documentation to tender, adjudicate and recommend appropriate contractor to meet project requirements.
- When acting as lead Consultant undertake all aspects of project management as defined by the client in his letter of appointment.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
- Continuing education, the employee will be required to keep up-to-date with developments in Engineering through undertaking continuing professional development on a regular basis.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 3 years + Experience
- Minimum BEng / BSC in Building Services or Electrical Engineering.
- Good knowledge of Electrical Theory
- Good understanding of electrical systems such power, lighting and fire alarms
- Good understanding of British Standards and relevant regulations.
- Good knowledge of Amtech / Dialux
- Member of IET or CIBSE
What you’ll get in return:
- 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days depending on length of service plus Bank Holidays
- Excellent contributory pension
- Life assurance
- Health and Wellbeing
- Active Staff Social Club
- Learning and Development Opportunities