Our client is seeking an established Mechanical Design Engineer to join a high performing, award-winning building services engineer consultancy. They have been bringing buildings to life for over 60 years with 7 offices across the UK. Their portfolio is a combination of public and private design projects across a range of sectors that include new build, refurbishment and fit-out. They have around 150 strong team operating out of the London Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Work as part of a team to meet project brief and programme requirements
- Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office
- Have an understanding of electrical engineering systems and the ability to report of both disciplines during meetings.
- Commit to supporting strategic TB+A sustainability policies and our internal environmental programme objectives
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more details, please contact – Daisy Beard – 01206 913292 / 07715551475.