MEP Engineering Lead
£120,000 + Package
City of London
Ashbys Consulting are currently recruiting for a MEP Engineering Lead to work for a main contractor on a hyperscale data centre in Europe. Our client is looking for someone to join their business to lead the MEP Team on a £300m data centre from inception to completion: overseeing design, installation and commissioning.
- Take ownership for successful completion of the MEP Package on this project.
- Provide guidance in the production of the project programmes.
- To contribute to the regular Project Report, and attend Project Meetings where appropriate
- To attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with the Client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
- To pro-actively monitor Health & safety processes and behaviours ensuring compliance with safety management systems and industry best practice.
- To provide engineering services content to proposal team for inclusion in tender proposals.
- To build and develop relationships e.g. marketing relationships with external professionals and clients, strategic relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Check ongoing installation for compliance with contract requirements (specification, drawings etc.) & advise the project or divisional team.
- Assist/advise on all technical issues e.g. procurement, contracts, final accounts and dispute resolution, relationship issues, reporting, quality, our methods, philosophy and culture etc.
- Vet and propose contractors and specialist contractors, systems and manufacturers for projects.
- Ideally, a recognised qualification in Building Services Engineering or a similar engineering subject, but it could be that you have the equivalent level of knowledge gained through practical experience
- Experience at MEP Manager level
- Understands the pre-construction process. Can organise and manage the design phase of a project. Help prepare and maintain the client decision matrix.
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please give me a call on 07545 829296 or email me: Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk