MEP Technical Coordinator
Walthamstow, NE London
£55,000 + Package
Our client is a main contractor primarily working within the residential market, covering new build developments, area regeneration and social projects. They’re looking for an MEP Technical Coordinator to come on-board in their head office, and oversee the coordination of MEP design and installation on various projects across London.
- Assist in negotiations and development of tenders.
- Assist operational teams by carrying out technical checks on proposed sub-contractors before they are
appointed to make sure that they are technically competent to carry out the work.
- Attend progress and technical meetings as an advisor to the operational teams.
- Check Gas, Electrical and other services related certification is compliant.
- Liaise with the Site Inspection Reporting system and provide regular reports to the operational teams.
- Providing advice and support to ensure that designs and installations meets legislative and health and safety
- Liaise closely with in-house and external designers, providing advice and guidance on practical aspects of mechanical and electrical installations.
- Oversee and comment on sub-contractor’s installation drawings, technical submissions and O&M.
- Monitor (not supervise) sub-contractor’s electrical and mechanical installation works.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues put forward by the operational teams on the various contracts in hand.
- Advising on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the
- environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint.
- Provide regular reports to your Manager on progress and status of the various activities.
- Degree Qualified in Building Services
- Understanding of how buildings perform, with skills in at least one Building Services discipline
- Ability to communicate effectively, manage and supervise trades and hold regular progress review meetings
- Computer literacy in all Microsoft Office applications as well as an understanding of AutoCad and BIM Modelling
- Demonstrates a high level of drive, productivity and performance under own mobilisation
- Background experience with Design and Build with main contractors would be preferable but isn’t essential
Please feel free to call me on 07545829296 or email me: Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk to hear more about this opportunity.