Planner – Construction
£500 - £525 per day
Ashbys Consulting are currently recruiting for a Construction Planner with refurbishment experience to be involved in a flagship project, converting a Grade II listed building into a high-end hotel and additionally building 50 luxury residences.
- Maintain and update programmes to reflect actual and forecast positions with progress / resource / cost data.
- Develop the Project / Programme using network and critical path analysis techniques. Liaising with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the construction development.
- Interface with design, manufacturing and construction delivery teams and other third parties in planning and project controls issues.
- Schedule resource and cost information into programmes to enable earned value management.
- Participate in contract reviews with regards to programme management and planning.
- Working with the department heads and construction delivery teams to find ways to improve project programmes.
- Baseline and analyse ongoing project progress and performance, assessing time related risks and the impact to programme.
- Liaising with customers, internal department heads, and supply chain to organise, integrate and schedule phases of the construction plan.
- Manage and review project plans including resource, histograms, construction schedules and manufacturing plans.
- Keeping the customer's team fully appraised of progress against programme.
- Presenting information for internal meetings on the project, including baseline programmes
- A good understanding of the construction industry, including design, procurement, production and commissioning processes.
- Possess good knowledge and experience with MS Project / Asta / 4 Projects
- Strong IT skills - must have experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Strong communication skills, capable of working as part of a multifunctional team.
- A proactive team player who is assertive and who possesses strong negotiation and skills
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please contact me on Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk / 07545829296