We are looking for an ambitious Security Design Engineer (Built Environment) to join an existing design team in our London office, to work on projects nationwide.
Candidates must have previous experience within Security infrastructure design, preferably within a consultancy environment, but would also consider a facilities background.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the RIBA design process and the ‘Whole Life Performance’ concept of buildings would be an advantage.
Experience in the Intelligent Buildings/Connected Cities/Future Tech fields would be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of design strategies and conceptual design relative to Security installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design Security installations within major building projects
- Design Security installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design Security installations to meet all existing, relevant Industry and British Standards
- Have an understanding of Security systems and the ability to report on the various elements and interdependencies during meetings
- Work as part of a design team to meet project brief and programme requirements
- Manage client relationships, understanding needs, interpret, and confirm the project brief
- Understand the services the business offers and be competent in promoting externally
- Commit to supporting the strategic company sustainability policies and the internal environmental programme objectives.
Training Programme requirements:
- Commit to goals and objectives of a career development programme including attendance of in-house and external technical and non-technical training.
- Commit to achieving or maintaining CIBSE or similar membership status through relevant professional institution.
- Support the development of team members and undertake the mentoring of members of the design team.
- Familiarise and learn about sustainable low energy initiatives and to share this with other members of your team and wider within the Partnership.
For a person specification or any other information please call Harry on 01206 913292.