A high performing building service design consultancy are looking for an experienced, motivated Senior Electrical Design Engineer who is keen to develop their career in a positive environment and join their clients Building Services team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in London. This is a great opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects across the UK. The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
• Degree qualified with 6+ years’ experience.
• Ideally be chartered or in the process of attaining chartered status.
• Be capable of taking the lead role on the major projects within the office.
• Experienced in project delivery across all RIBA stages.
• Wide experience across mix of sectors, such as office, hospitality, residential, healthcare, etc.
• Thorough technical knowledge of LV, lighting design, fire alarm, etc.
• Ability to present and communicate ideas with clients, architects, etc.
• Excellent technical report writing skills.
• Aptitude for managing and mentoring junior engineers.
The Key Activities:
• Perform the role of Senior Project Engineer on the major flagship projects within the office.
• Take lead role on projects, including electrical design, project management, attendance at design team meetings and site meetings, and responsibility for project delivery.
• Report back to management on progress of current projects.
• Oversee resource management of junior engineers and CAD/BIM technicians to ensure deadlines are met.
• Perform site visits and technical surveys of existing electrical installations and recommend potential solutions to improve systems.
• Deliver technical presentations, reports, specifications, etc.
• Assist with in-house finance functions, including fee collection, fee proposals, etc.
• Assist in business development, including meeting with new/prospective clients, communicating the IN2 service offering, etc.
• Provide mentoring of junior engineering staff.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more details, please contact – Daisy Beard – 01206 913292 / 07715551475