Ashbys Consulting are working with an Suffolk based client who's estates team are looking to acquire an MRICS General Practice Chartered Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years’ post qualification experience. You must be a RICS Registered Valuer or able to apply and ideally hold experience of the commercial property market.
Great package on offer with a generous amount of annual leave, competitive company pension scheme and great flexitime available.
The right surveyor for the position will have the following attributes:
- Participate as a member of the team supporting colleagues and working collaboratively to develop the business
- Work flexibly to support delivery across the service
- Provide support, advice and guidance to younger members of the team looking to progress
- Ability to focus on key issues, particularly when facing tight deadlines
- Support the Principal Estates Surveyor in all matters and act as a substitute in meetings when required
- Be aware of the bigger picture, support and contribute to the growth of the whole business
What you need to know Essential:
- MRICS General Practice Chartered Surveyor with several years of practical, relevant experience
- Be an RICS Registered Valuer or be able to apply
- Experience of the commercial property market, including valuation and transaction
- Understanding of the public sector and the main issues affecting the public sector estate
- Being able to manage a varied and complex caseload
- A demonstrable track record of success in at least two or more of the following areas:
- Landlord & Tenant
- Red Book Valuation, including FAV
- Specialist Valuation, such as CPO, S278, S123/S233 Less than Best.
- Property & Estates Management
- Planning & Development
- Property marketing & disposals
- Demonstrable experience of excellent client management.
- Respond to client contact, questions and enquiries promptly and always keep them up-to-date and informed on the work we are undertaking for them
- Deal with all enquiries in an efficient and business-like manner
- Be prepared to take on a client liaison/account holder role
- Undertake projects of a high level of complexity and financial value
- Work collaboratively with other teams and professionals within the company and with external contractors and suppliers
- Be responsible for the supervision of work and quality of output when delegating work to graduate or estate surveyors in the team
- Be able to undertake bespoke projects with limited input from others
- Balancing client requirements with the business delivery needs
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and protect the position on matters such as fees and fee variations
- Take responsibility for own personal development
- Meet all CPD requirements of the RICS
- Always be open minded to opportunities for developing new work and share any ideas and leads with the Associate Director
For more information or a confidential chat please get in touch with Tom Bell email@example.com / 01206 913 292 or Apply above.