Senior M&E Design Manager - Norfolk
This position will give you the opportunity to work for the regions largest main contractor. They are looking for an experience Design Manager who wants to make that step up into a senior role.
- Assess tender drawings and specifications for compliance to Building Regulations, Statutory, Health, Environment and Safety Legislation and Requirements.
- Evaluate pre-contract quotes and technical submissions, reporting on shortfalls, omissions, risk and opportunities.
- Provide technical assistance to in-house design team.
- Provide practical support to construction teams.
- Supervise, survey, co-ordinate and inspect subcontractor activities during construction phase.
- Coordinate commissioning and handover procedures.
- Appraise pre-tender building performance (e.g. BREEAM) assessments and advising construction team and responsibilities.
- Appraise subcontractor design information against design codes, standards, employers requirements and buildability requirements.
- Assess record drawing and O&M information and manage changes.
- Check output design information.
- Mentor and support junior staff, including those undertaking ‘Building Physics’ design duties such as SBEM.
- Provide accurate, appropriate written reports and technical documents.
- Provide input into Construction Group tender submissions and competitive bids.
- Attend client meetings, tender interviews, progress meetings and represent to company
- Provide technical inspections, monitoring and testing to help identify and rectify defects.
What is needed from you:
- Minimum Academic Qualifications: Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Building Services
- Minimum Experience: 10 Years
- Minimum Contractors Design Office Experience: 3 Years preferred
- Professional Qualifications: ACIBSE, MIET or similar
Working Knowledge of:
- Building Regulations
- NHBC requirements
- CIBSE Guidance
- BSRIA Guidance
- British and European Standards
For more details, please contact - Tommy Hill - firstname.lastname@example.org 01206 913292 / 07772902225