Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their busy building services design team based in their Manchester office.
Applicants will already be working at a senior engineer level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree qualified and have attained or be working towards Chartered engineer status. Candidates should be able to demonstrate relevant skills and experience within a similar role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
- Act as Lead Mechanical Engineer including checking of other Engineers’ work and take an active role in the development of Junior Engineers.
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office. Undertake constructive peer reviews of other design projects.
- Have an understanding of electrical engineering systems and the ability to report of both disciplines during meetings.
Training Programme requirements:
- Commit to goals and objectives of a career development programme including attendance of in-house and external technical and non-technical training.
- Commit to achieving or maintaining Chartered Engineer status through relevant professional institution.
- Support the development of team members and undertake the mentoring of members of the engineering team.
- Familiarise and learn about sustainable low energy initiatives and to share this with other members of your team and wider within the Partnership.
If you would like to apply for this role then please apply below or call Rhys on 01615 198700 - 07927795526.