- Are you motivated and creative?
- Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility?
- Do you enjoy getting great results from challenging opportunities?
- Do you have a high degree of integrity, professional ethics, respect and responsibility?
- Are you a resourceful person with a positive attitude?
- Will you bring energy and enthusiasm to the office?
- Are you prepared to learn and grow with them?
If so, they want to hear from you!
Seeking a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join them in their office in Oxford. Are you a team player with the ability to receive and execute instructions from the Project Manager with minimal supervision. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for directing and supervising Junior and Intermediate Engineers within their team.
- Carry-out Project/Team Specific activities as defined from time to time by Supervisor.
- Manage projects to achieve Client satisfaction and profitability targets
- Work within Team environment and be able to instruct technicians and support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer’s control.
- Control own and staff activities to meet Company financial / time targets.
- Advise other Construction Team Professionals on their own activities related to Building Services.
- Design and detail straightforward engineering systems.
- Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports.
- Prepare detailed design drawings in sketch form suitable for presenting concepts to Clients and other Design Professionals.
- Adequately communicate thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals and clients in verbal and written form.
- Prepare complete packages of tender information.
- Monitor and report on the quality and progress of work on site.
- Prepare budget costs and produce designs to meet agreed budget.
- Manage and value variations to the contract.
- Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company’s reputation.
- Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
- Contribute to the development of the company so as to enhance its reputation.
- Identify new work opportunities with Client and other professionals
- Minimum of five + years post graduation experience
- Minimum HNC/HND Qualified
- Educated to degree standard
- Effective team member
- Technically competent
- Construction process aware
- Good communicator