As the demand for their expertise continues to grow, they now have an exciting opportunity for an Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join their significantly experienced and talented multi-disciplinary consultancy, based in Kent. Our client has been established over 75 years and the practice has grown its knowledge and expertise to offer a compressive building services consultancy service with 6 locations, working on projects across the UK. Their projects include Commercial, Education, Healthcare, Retail, Residential and Mixed use.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Deliver a wide range of projects including; residential, mixed-use, commercial, industrial and educational.
- Independent management of projects from initial brief to completion.
- Attend meetings with clients and multidisciplinary design teams as M&E project lead.
- Work independently and as part of the internal team to deliver projects.
- Work with a range of client organisations, including; housing associations, local authorities, registered social landlords, private developers, main contractors, M&E sub-contractors.
- Liaise with and manage an internal team of engineers, CAD technicians and sustainability assessors to deliver projects.
- Develop and present project design proposals to a client following the external brief and internal discussions so that client requirements are met, acting as either lead internal consultant or as member of a team.
- Undertake project surveys including; site inspections, stock condition, refurbishment, performance evaluations, etc.
- Prepare high quality output information including; technical specifications, designs, drawings, equipment schedules, survey reports, and contract documentation.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Education, hold a bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering or building services engineering.
- Experience, a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar consultancy role.
- Project History, have extensive experience of delivering large scale residential and/or mixed-use projects with heat networks and low carbon technologies.
- Standards of Practice, you are expected to maintain a high level of professional and engineering standards and observe the legal requirements and professional guidelines of the relative professional bodies
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more details, please contact – Daisy Beard – 01206 913292 / 07715551475