Ashbys Consulting are recruiting for one of the top building services consultancies, who have an extremely good reputation, worldwide.
They are looking to add to their design team with an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£45,000 - £50,000
The ideal candidate will already be working as a Design Engineer from intermediate to senior level and ideally have the desire to progress their career to a management position. Candidates will preferably be degree qualified and have attained or be working towards Chartered engineer status.
Mechanical Design Engineer duties include:
- Provide input on design strategy and conceptual design relative to mechanical installations
- Undertake design calculations relevant to the design of mechanical installations within major building projects
- Design mechanical installations including the production of design drawings, diagrams and schematics along with project specifications and schedules
- Design mechanical installations to meet all existing, relevant British Standards, Building Regulations and other relevant standards
- Design mechanical installations to meet requirements for energy efficiency and low carbon requirements
- Lead an M&E Team in the coordination and delivery of individual projects, including attendance at meetings, internal programming, project reviews etc.
- Manage client and design team relationships. Understand client needs and interpret and confirm the project brief.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the engineering team within the office. Undertake constructive peer reviews of other design projects.
- Have an understanding of electrical engineering systems and the ability to report of both disciplines during meetings.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal you will have an accredited Building Services / Mechanical Engineering degree or higher educational qualification
- Ideally 7- 10 years’ experience within a building services design role running projects from conception through to completion including calculations, drawings, specifications, etc
- Ideally chartered or working towards chartered engineer status with a suitable institution
- Experience using AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience using design software such as IES, Hevacomp and Revit
- Ideally hold a full UK driving license
- You will need to be an excellent communicator who can articulate complicated issues between our clients and our highly skilled project teams
- You will also need to show ambition and a willingness to learn whilst demonstrating a high-level diligence and organisational