An innovative pure building service design consultancy are looking for an experienced, motivated Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who is keen to develop their career in a positive environment and join their clients Building Services team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in their Belfast office.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
• Ideally Degree qualified with 5+ years’ experience.
• Ideally be chartered or in the process of attaining chartered status.
• Be capable of taking the lead role on the major projects within the office.
• Experienced in project delivery across all RIBA stages.
• Wide experience across mix of sectors, such as office, hospitality, residential, healthcare, etc.
• Ability to present and communicate ideas with clients, architects, etc.
• Excellent technical report writing skills.
• Aptitude for managing and mentoring junior engineers.
The Key Activities:
• Perform the role of Senior Project Engineer on the major flagship projects within the office.
• Take lead role on projects, including Mechanical design, project management, attendance at design team meetings and site meetings, and responsibility for project delivery.
• Report back to management on progress of current projects.
• Oversee resource management of junior engineers and CAD/BIM technicians to ensure deadlines are met.
• Deliver technical presentations, reports, specifications, etc.
• Provide mentoring of junior engineering staff.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more details, please contact – Rhys Davies – 01206 913292 / 07927795526