Senior Sustainability Consultant - Oxfordshire
Managing the day to day running and training of the sustainability team
Understand & apply the range of current and proposed UK sustainability related legislation to project solutions e.g. Building Regulations Part L, FIT’s, RHI’s, Local Planning Policy, proposals etc.
Prepare high quality reports that can be clearly communicated within design team meetings and to clients. The preparation of sustainability and energy strategies will be a core part of the job role.
The ideal candidate will need the following skills:
- A strong background in building physics and passive design.
- High level of proficiency in dynamic thermal modelling (ideally using IES software).
- Experience in undertaking Part L Compliance calculations for both non-domestic and domestic buildings.
- An understanding of BREEAM and other environmental assessment methodologies.
- An engineering background and an understanding of mechanical building services.
- High quality report writing skills. The preparation of sustainability and energy strategies will be a core part of the job role.
- Skills in assessing the feasibility of renewable and low carbon energy solutions.
- Be able to effectively communicate both inside and outside the business.
- Understand and deal with the commercial aspects of contracts and client interaction, ensuring work undertaken matches the scope and fee.
- Experience of managing and training a team of sustainability engineers.
- Degree in engineering / environmental or sustainability related subject.
- CIBSE Low Carbon Energy Assessor or equivalent.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme.
- 25 days annual leave (plus the option to buy an extra week)
If this position is of interest please contact - Tommy Hill - email@example.com