Senior Technical Services Manager
£80k - £100k DOE + Package
Ashbys Consulting are currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Services Manager (MEP) to work for a global contractor on Science and Healthcare projects in London. You will be joining the second phase of an existing £50m project, as well as starting a new scheme next month which is of similar value.
- To successfully lead the technical services function of a £50m project (£15m MEP value).
- To maximize the overall strength of the project by being a fully engaged member of the project leadership team.
- To lead a team of TSM’s, MEP commercial managers, our MEP delivery partner and directly procured MEP packages.
- Take ownership for M&E delivery on a significant project.
- To interrogate the design for completeness and quality and identify any value engineering opportunities at all design stages.
- To drive off site fabrication and modern methods of construction.
- To provide guidance in the production of the project programmes.
- To provide effective and timely assistance, advice and support during the project, and oversee the project teams responsible for producing it.
- To contribute to the regular Project Report, and Project Meetings where appropriate.
- To attend, and chair where appropriate, meetings with the Client, the designers, specialist contractors and other team members.
- To ensure best practice and continuous improvement in divisional & project processes.
- To pro-actively monitor Health & Safety processes and behaviours ensuring compliance with safety management systems.
- Experience at Senior Technical Services Manager / Senior MEP Manager level of projects in excess of £10m MEP value.
- Experience on Science and Healthcare projects is essential.
- Experience working on exposed surfaces/ceilings.
- Understanding of and passion for prefabrication and off-site manufacturing.
- Industry experience; track record of successful projects either internally or externally.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process.
- Understands the pre-construction process. Can organise and manage the design phase of a project.
- Has a good political awareness.
- Able to collate information from his/her team to prepare and present the project report.
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please give me a call on 07545 829296 or email me: Cameron@ashbysconsulting.co.uk