We are seeking a Sustainability Engineer Consultant (BREEAM) to join an award winning, pure building services consultancy in London. Great opportunity to get experience on some truly unique projects from Commercial, Retail, Education, Healthcare, Leisure and many more sectors. They believe Sustainability is more than just energy usage and emission reductions. They currently have 200 strong and growing. Candidates must have previous experience within the sustainability sector, in particular have experience and practical knowledge of carrying out BREEAM assessment using New construction and / or Refurbishment and Fit out schemes. Candidates will ideally be a registered BREEAM assessor and an accredited AP, however this is not essential and we can support this, however experience and knowledge is essential.
BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in relevant sustainability or engineering subject
Experience and accreditation in the following;
- BREEAM / CFH assessor capable of registering the project
- BRE Code for Sustainable Homes scheme and / or LEED
- BREEAM Accredited Professional [AP]
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with client stakeholders to develop the Sustainability Strategy including criteria for the delivery of the desired BREEAM/ LEED rating, identifying any sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures and highlighting any opportunities to increase sustainable credentials. Provide strategic low energy design advice.
- Be Client facing, proactive and solutions driven.
- Conduct BREEAM Pre-Assessment and provide design advice.
- Produce evidence requirements for BREEAM credits.
- Undertake gap analysis report / schedule should the desired rating not be achievable.
- Publish pre-assessment meeting minutes stating the potential building score achievable and advise on techniques suitable for integration into the overall design.
- Chair interim meetings with design team members to clarify requirements or reassess the design if any changes take place impacting BREEAM rating.
- Monitor the design process to ensure that the scheme design objectives are being followed and the design reflects the client’s requirements.
- Prepare interim and final design assessment report for client review and submission to the BRE.
- Provide a delivery assurance / support process that the construction phase sustainability plan is being followed and to verify the outcomes on behalf of the client.
- Undertake a Post construction review to gather evidence that the design objectives are reflected in the construction phase.
- Support senior members of staff in client and design team relationships.
- Commit to supporting the strategic company sustainability policies and the internal environmental programme objectives
If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more details, please contact – Daisy Beard – 01206 913292 / 07715551475.