Our client is a leading engineering and environmental consultancy providing multi-disciplinary services to the property, infrastructure, energy and environmental markets around the world. Due to an increasing and diverse workload an opportunity has arisen for a sustainability consultant to join team, based in Solihull, Birmingham. The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting projects in the urban regeneration, education, healthcare, property, waste, and energy sectors. The candidate should have a good level of sustainability knowledge and also understand the dynamic and ever-changing demands of delivering sustainable solutions.
Core responsibilities of the position include:
- Develop and deliver sustainability strategies covering a wide range of topics (i.e. energy, water, waste, sustainable materials, responsible sourcing, biodiversity, community)
- Write sustainability statements and technical reports to support planning applications;
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to meet deadlines and to work on multiple tasks;
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Monitor project’s progress against sustainability objectives and targets;
- Liaise actively with client and project teams (attend meetings, take minutes and distribute actions);
- Contribute actively to internal team meetings;
- Support the team in writing fee proposals, pitches and presentations to win new business and build relationships with potential clients;
- Contribute to various initiatives including the development of new services and products
Requirements and skills
Candidates for this role will have between 3 and 6 years of relevant work experience. The candidate will have:
- A degree in an environmental or engineering discipline, preferably to Masters level
- On-site construction experience (desirable);
- An ability to convince and influence project teams.
- The capacity to work autonomously and proactively;
- Good organisational and project management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Client-facing experience and client management;
- Attention to details;
- A positive and proactive approach;
- A creative approach to problem solving;
- A curious and inquisitive nature and passion for sustainability.
If you would be interested in discussing this opportunity, please apply me below or call Rhys on 07927795526.