Sustainability opportunities – Senior/Principal/Associate Consultant
Bristol, Competitive Salary + Benefits
A fantastic career opportunity has arisen for a creative and driven Sustainability / Building Physics professional to join their Sustainability Group in their South-West Team. The team is located in Bristol, Cardiff and Plymouth and the role would be based across thier Bristol and Cardiff offices. As a group they provide a diverse sustainability consultancy services for a range of projects, across all sectors, promoting sustainable development. As a ‘Design for Performance Pioneer Delivery Partner’, they adopt an outcomes-based approach to building performance simulation and design. This is a rare opportunity to grow not only your own career, but the industry approach to your field of expertise as a whole.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building performance simulation and energy related workstreams.
- Technical leadership in your area of expertise.
- Project leadership and supporting the operations of the team.
- As well as project-related work, the Group engages directly with industry undertaking research and development studies, and authoring industry guidance.
- We hold key positions on national design commissions and influential industry bodies.
- The role also presents the opportunity for involvement in this aspect of the Group’s work to those keen to have a direct influence on the industry.
What They Are Looking For:
You will be expected to have competence in the majority of the following fields:
- Energy strategies.
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using NHER and IES.
- HVAC network modelling.
- In-Use energy modelling and assessment.
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments.
- Façade performance evaluation.
- Parametric environmental design assessment.
- Renewable energy feasibility studies.
- Sustainable master-planning and energy network assessment.
- CFD software.
- Experience in the South-Wales / Cardiff market is preferable.
- You will have a minimum of 4-years’ experience working within the built environment sector and looking to grow as a leader in the building performance simulation field.
- Already working within a sustainability or engineering consultancy, you will be looking for a new challenge within a practice at the very forefront of their field.
- You will bring expertise (with a degree in engineering / science, and experience in the field) and a passion for creating sustainable solutions.
- You will relish being part of dynamic team within a progressive and well-respected firm.
- They require good communication skills and an enthusiasm for working within a team environment.
What They Can Offer You:
To reward your hard work and commitment they offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Friendly, flexible and dynamic team working environment
- Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
- Opportunities for career progression